Ad Code

Canson Montval Watercolor Pad Review

Yehey!!! My package from the USA have finally arrived. Do you know how to make me cray cray? Well, art stuffs makes me go bananas. I have a few dollars in my Paypal and I want to spend my money on something that I can cherish for a long time. So, I went online shopping at Mister Art. My boyfriend's parents went on a three months vacation in the USA and I just asked them a favor to bring what I've bought online when they'll be back. Thus, I have saved myself from the costly shipping and the possible custom tax. Yay! 

misterart haul reeves oil colour montval watercolor pad e6000 glue canson sexyfoosa
From left to right: Reeves oil colour set 24's , Windsor and Newton permanent masking fluid, E6000 glue, Canson Montval Watercolor Pad 20's ( The lipgloss and the chocolates were not from MisterArt. It's a pasalubong from my bf''s parents and Achie)

Anyway, I will make a review on each of them as soon as I've tried them. For now, I have only tried the Montval watercolor pad. All I can say is that I totally fell in love with the paper. It's a perfect addition to my watercolor paper collection. At first, I was a bit skeptical of the spring bind but later on, I've realized that it's easier and it's more convenient to use it because you can easily fold it while you're painting. If you'd like to cut off some page/paper, each sheet is micro perforated which means it can be separated from one another by simply "folding and tearing along the dotted line."

The size is just perfect for me because I only intended this pad to be my other watercolor journal. The pad's dimension is 5.5 in x 8.5 in (13.9 cm x 21.6 cm). The paper is incredibly thick at 140 lb (300 gsm). Montval is made by Canson. I did a short researched who the heck is Montval and I've found out that Montval is not the name of the artist. It's actually a paper that was designed by the painter Gaspard Maillol, a nephew of the sculptor Aristide Maillol, and manufactured by Canson at his request at the beginning of the 20th century. This paper claims to be acid-free, with excellent longevity, is treated against mildew and untainted by any optical brightening additives. Source
canson montval watercolor pad paper 300 gsm lord of the rings old man face journal sexyfoosa misterart joe fettingis
In addition, it is indeed true that it's very easy to use and effect corrections on this paper because the paper can be washed with a brush. Therefore, it can endure a lot of scrubbing when there's some changes you'd like to make on your painting. Also, it's cold pressed which means it has some slight bumpy textures that allows the paint to settle into the texture pockets or sit on top and skip over the pockets, creating some different painting technique options. source


Anyway, here are few of my artworks I've created using Canson's Montval Watercolor Pad. I'm creating a series painting right now and this series revolves around a girl and her love for cats and dogs. Enjoy browsing and see you next post! 

using simbalion watercolor pallette 36 in montval canson acuarela aquarelle paper pad
Plaids and Pets
using simbalion watercolor pallette 36 montval canson aquarelle acuarela paper
Cat Hugs
using simbalion watercolor pallette 36s montval acuarela aquarelle paper pad
Nose Bonks

Contact me at taigahh@gmail.com in case you're interested in buying this watercolor series. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu