Good news!! Pokemon Go is now officially available for download in the Philippines. Are you one of those people who've waited impatiently to get your hands on it too? I myself is a Pokemon fan since high school. I remember I played it for the first time using my Gameboy Pocket black and white screen and now it can be played using our smartphones. For those who have no idea what is Pokemon Go, it is an augmented-reality game that uses your GPS, maps, camera, and a few sensors in your smartphone for a real-life gaming experience. It means you will have to get out of your house, office, or in your four cornered room and roam the streets, parks and other public spaces in order for you to catch Pokemons. Aside from the fact that the game is obviously addictive, the game not only gave us mental health benefits but it let us get physically involved too. Let's point out below what are these benefits we can gain from playing Pokemon Go.
1. If you think you can catch a Pokemon by just sitting down, you're wrong! You will definitely need to stand up and get your ass moving. Just like what Ash did, he went to different regions in order to catch Pokemons.
2. It also forces you to get out of your cave and stop being an introvert and might meet other Pokemon trainers too.
3. Brings out the resourceful, creative and ingenious part of you by trying to solve up problems and puzzles in your journey to become the best Pokemon master.
4. It also helps you learn more or familiarize about your town because you'll eventually go out to places you've never been before.
5. You will also learn more about history, art and science when the places you need to visit turns out to be a historical or a science museum.
6.You will also help energize the economy by generating traffic in the commercial part of your cities like malls, museums, parks by purchasing or availing products and services in the general vicinity where you are playing pokemon go because during the long arduous of training and catching pokemon you'll eventually get thirsty, hungry, or tired.
7. It also helps you be aware of the social problems around your town like uneven pavements, damaged infrastructures, garbage littering, etc. Somehow, it will help you be socially aware of the problems around your place by reporting it to the relevant authorities who will handle such issues to prevent future problems.
8. It may also probably bring out the hero in you because you may never know in your Pokemon journey you will come across criminal activities that may be still on going.
9. A good opportunity to do bonding time with family members/lover when you travel across the town in your pursuit to be the greatest Pokemon master/ trainer that has ever lived.
10. Along the way there are puzzles and problems to be solved then each of you in the family will help bring out the spirit of cooperation and team building when you solve puzzles and problems together.
11. Pokemon Go is the new way to find Love. Pokemon go is the new Tinder.
12. Children with extreme autism are showing enhanced social abilities and gamers with nervousness and dejection are stimulated to leave their homes and starting to feel at ease socializing, Huffington Post reported.