Ad Code

Crazy Over Bok Choy

You don't know what bok choy is? Actually, bok choy is just another name for pechay. A green leafy vegetable which is about 13 calories per 100 grams and how does 100 grams looks like? see it here. My boyfriend and I make use of the extra space in our lot for organic gardening. Yes, we didn't use any chemicals to grow our plants only natural remedies. Good thing the army worms have not yet invaded our garden...I hope so they won't find their way in our garden. Anyway, I eat bok choy everyday to help me in my elimination since this veggie is full of fiber and I have a problem with regular elimination and this veggie does helped.
My main reason why I eat veggie is because I need to maintain my weight by eating low calorie and healthy foods and this veggie is very easy to plant and for about 30 days you'll be allowed to harvest them. Pechay plant needs a lot of sunshine, water and a good soil. We mixed our soil with wood shavings and compost to retain moisture in the soil even if it's really sunny outside. In this lenten season, I have a very simple recipe for pechay and you'll absolutely love it even if you don't really like eating pechay or bok choy and the serving is only about 150 calories. Here are the photos of my prized bok choy or pechay. LOL!!! Not a bad harvest for a first time planter of this veggie. 



Stirred Fried Pechay with Oyster sauce

Ingredients:
2 medium size carrots cut into medium size strips
3 to 4 heads of pechay and slice the stalk separately
1 small onion sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic sliced thinly
3 to 4 tbsp. or more Oyster sauce 
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp. sesame oil or vegetable oil

Instructions:
fry the onions and garlic with the sesame oil until it burns light brown.
add the carrots and fry lightly and close the lid for 10 seconds to let the steam soften the carrots a little bit.
Add the pechay stalk first and mix it with the carrots and close the lid for 10 seconds again in medium heat.
Add the water and boil for 10 seconds. Seasoned the veggie with the oyster sauce according to your taste. Add more oyster sauce if you want the sauce more salty and after 10 seconds add the pechay leaves and close the lid until the pechay leaves are soft. Serve it hot and  eat it together with steamed rice. Please don't overcooked the carrots. A little crispiness is just perfect for you.


To read more about the healthy benefits of Bok choy or Pechay, read it here. 



Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.
    service

    ReplyDelete
Emoji
(y)
:)
:(
hihi
:-)
:D
=D
:-d
;(
;-(
@-)
:P
:o
:>)
(o)
:p
(p)
:-s
(m)
8-)
:-t
:-b
b-(
:-#
=p~
x-)
(k)

Close Menu