Ad Code

DIY: Old Clothes Into Sexy Off Shoulder Blouse

I love to go shopping at the thrift store becasue there are just so many old items which are still in good condition that just needs a little bit of tweaking. I've collected lots of button-up shirts for just five pesos (P5.00) and I knew I can make something of them one day. What I love about button-up shirts are their fabrics and I've been to a textile store and found out that the materials used in those thrift stores brought clothes are somewhat pricey but of the same quality.

Well, thanks to brilliant Youtube DIYers, they gave me an idea on how to turn old button-up shirts into cute trendy off-shoulders. Now, to test the DIY I've seen on Youtube, I will share in this post on how I did this cute off-shoulder I'm wearing below.


The things you will need:


1. Large button-up shirt (men or women)
2. Sharp scissor
3. Elastic band use for sewing (garter) - about 1 cm thick - you will need 1 meter long
4. Thread (close to the color of your fabric)



Instructions:

Get your old button-up shirt and try fitting it in front of the mirror. Mark how large the cutting you're going to make.

Cut it off until it looks like this below.
Lay it on a flat surface and cut straight these two.
Fold it 1x or 2x and secure it with pins before hand stitching using backstitch technique. Make sure the width of the fold will allow your elastic band to go through the hole later.
I cut off the excess fabric and fold 2x the end of the sleeves and hand sew it carefully using backstitch technique.
The final product.

Total cost:

P11.00 DIY off shoulder

Button-up polo shirt (P5.00)
Elastic band - P4.00 per meter 
Thread - P3.00


COMPARISON

brand new off shoulder at Zalora 



My other DIY off shoulder top using old knitted blouse.





Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu