Ad Code

L'oreal Pro-Matte vs Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation: Which is Better?

Hey girls! Today I'm going to make a review with my two favorite drugstore makeup brand --L'oreal and Maybelline. I love these brands because they both have high quality and affordable make ups. For the past years, I've been looking for the right foundation that suits my combination type skin. In the past, I've tried L'oreal TruMatch, Revlon's Photoready, L'oreal Infallible 24 hour, Max Factor's Illuminizing foundation, and Naturactor concealer foundation. However, at the end of the day all these foundations I've mentioned makes my face oily due to my skin type. Finally, after binge watching Youtube's makeup tutorials, I've learned that there's now a new type of foundation which promises to keep your skin matte all day long. I know I'm a bit late talking about his stuff but I'm just happy not to share this again to those who are looking for an affordable, high quality and easy to find foundation. I'm a foundation kind of girl because lately I'm suffering from pimple breakouts due to hormonal imbalance and stress. Below is my honest review on L'oreal's Pro-Matte and Maybelline's Fit Me Poreless + Matte Foundation.

L'oreal Infallible Pro-matte

What I love about this product:
  • The container comes in a plastic tube. Therefore, it's easy to squeeze it out and the container is unbreakable.
  • Have a very faint scent and great for those people who are sensitive to strong scents.
  • Truly mattifies your face for a maximum of 8 hours or more without touch ups.
  • Very light to the skin. You won't ever feel you're wearing foundation at all.
  • Your face feels really soft and silicone powdery feel without that sticky feeling.
  • Easy to clean if off after.
  • It won't easily transfer off to your clothes.
  • Lots of shades to choose from.
What I hate about this product:
  • Light to medium coverage only. It won't cover all your dark spots and acne. A concealer is a must.
  • Difficult to blend because it dries up very fast. Make sure to blend it asap!
  • It creates patchy areas if not blended well.
  • If you have an acidic type of skin, this product oxidizes. It means that the foundation will darken after applying on your skin.
  • Will not blend well using a foundation brush. Use a beauty blender or your fingertips for a better result.
  • It's not really buildable.
  • It creases a little bit under the eye area. 
Maybelline Fit Me! Poreless + Matte 

What I love about this product:
    • Creamy consistency making it very easy to blend.
    • It will not dry up fast. Thus, you will have more time to build up for coverage.
    • It feels light on the skin even though you've applied that much product on your face.
    • No sticky feeling at all.
    • Light scent. Nose friendly for those makeup user with allergic rhinitis.
    • To get that poreless and flawless effect, use a kabuki or stippling brush first then dab it using a beauty blender.
    • Lots of shades to choose from.
    • Layer application is buildable to some extent.
    • No creasing under the eye area.
    • Wash off easily with soap.
    What I hate about this product:
    • Coverage is from light to medium only. No matter how much layer you apply.
    • It creates patchy areas if not blended well.
    • Just like L'oreal's Pro-matte, this product oxidizes on my skin also.
    • It comes in a glass bottle. Not recommended if you're clumsy.
    • It transfers off to your clothes.
    WHO WON IN THIS BATTLE?

    Definitely, MAYBELLINE FIT ME! PORELESS + MATTE won my heart because aside from all the good things I've mentioned above, this product cost only P399.00 unlike the L'oreal Pro-matte which is about P599.00 or more (online). 

    Post a Comment

    0 Comments

    Close Menu