Without no more further ado, the answer is YES! There is still a chance for you to lose some weight and live a normal life. No more excuses like you have an injury, medical conditions, busy schedule, purely laziness and just plainly you dislike sweating. The good news is, it's still possible for you to fit on that skinny jeans or that old shirt you've been wanting to fit in again. The secret is just to choose the right kind of foods to eat and constantly don't eat beyond your calorie goals. To check how many calories you have to eat everyday, try this weight loss calculator.
These are the tips I can give to achieve weight loss or maintain your weight without doing exercise:
- Record Your Meal - as I keep on saying on my previous post, log diligently your food intake. I want you to do it everyday. If you think you're too busy logging your meal after you're done eating, why not try routinely logging your meal before you go to bed. Treat your favorite food logger as your daily journal or diary. In this smartphone era, I absolutely recommend you to record your meals using My Fitness Pal.
- Listen to your hunger cues - If you feel like eating something but if it's really not necessary to eat 'coz you've just eaten your meal or snack, please follow your mind and not your stomach. But if you really can't control it, opt for low caloric snacks like apples, oranges and any fresh fruits. Don't eat foods that are equivalent to your normal meal. Learn to know if this hunger your feeling right now is just a want and not a need.
- Choose the right foods to eat - Avoid eating sweets and sodas 'coz these foods aren't dense with good nutrients. Only eat foods that contains protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals because these foods will not starve you easily. In other words, eat more whole grains, nuts, lean meats, fruits, vegetables and reduced-fat dairy products.
- Create a meal plan for the week - research for new healthy food options to eat for the week. Buy a healthy cooking book for you to have an idea what to eat and what to cook for the week. Planning ahead is the key because if you just eat whatever it is serve on the table or whatever you think you like to eat, you will probably be tempted.
- Time to clean up your refrigerator and food storage - Avoid stocking junk foods, instant noodles, canned goods, or any processed foods to your storage. Stock only natural or organic foods to your refrigerator. During grocery time, always check the nutritional labels before you buy and support your local farmer's market.
- Always be physically on the go - This means that when you have the option to take the stairs than the elevator, choose the former. Engage in any physical activity at home or at work. Do some household chores by yourself or park your car a bit farther from your office or every time you do some groceries. Don't spend too much time on your computer or in front of the TV. Move your body once in a while. Play with your kids or walk your dog instead.
- Always be motivated - Surround yourself with people that will only lift you high and avoid negative, pushy and undisciplined people. Read motivational quotes everyday or on days that you feel like giving up. Reward yourself if you think you've done a great job. Buy a pair of your favorite shoe brand or dress if you've lost a couple of pounds or treat yourself to a spa or salon. Just live your life to the fullest and don't be consumed by other people's negativity. We only have one life. Enjoy it!
- Be realistic - if you really want to burn a lot of calories, you need to burn the calories by exercising but because you don't want to do this activity, don't live in a dream that in just a week you'll be able to fit in that skinny jeans. Dropping pounds will take longer without exercise. By setting a realistic weight loss goal of ½ to 1 pound per week, you’re less likely to feel deprived or discouraged and give up. Losing weight and improving our health is not a race but a life-long journey. (excerpt taken http://d2960f52.theseblogs.com)
Photo taken by my no. 1 fan - my bf. (lol)